IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students' Associations) is an international medical student organisation committed to improving Global Health and developing future physicians and (para) medics. Founded in 1951, IFMSA is one of the oldest and largest student organizations in the world. Worldwide, IFMSA represents 1.3 million medical students from more than 125 countries. IFMSA is officially recognized by the WHO and collaborates with the United Nations, the European Union and the World Medical Association, among others.
In the Netherlands, IFMSA is represented at all eight medical faculties by approximately 900 active members. IFMSA-Leiden is part of IFMSA and consists of approximately 100 enthusiastic members who work together to improve Global Health.
IFMSA-Leiden organises various projects divided into five themes:
- Internships: Clinical follow-up internships, Research internships
- Public Health: Dr. House evenings, Donation projects, Donor request, Teddy Bear Hospital (TBH), mini-TBH, Bear doctor
- Medical Education: Medical Spanish, Dying, a Human Thing?, Breaking the Silence, Pregnancy Project, Mental Health, Twinning Project, Movies & Medicine
- Human Rights and Peace: International Women's Day, Refugee Night, Human Rights Day, Healthy Mind, Healthy Heroes Project
- Sexual Health and Rights: International Focus Days, The Foreplay, Teenage Wise, Sex education sessions
In addition, IFMSA itself takes care of all its promotion. This is done by the Public Relations Committee. This committee supports all projects and contributes to raising awareness about Global Health through creating posters, writing texts and capturing all the beautiful moments. See www.ifmsa.nl/leiden for more information about their projects.
Are you interested in becoming a member or in participating?
Would you like to participate in an activity? You do not need to be a member of IFMSA for this. Our projects are aimed at (medical) students and most projects are open to anyone interested in healthcare and Global Health.In addition, it is possible to contribute as a member to the organisation of a project. You then work together in a committee on projects within a specific theme. For more information about this you can mail to email@example.com. You can register in October to become a member of IFMSA-Leiden at www.ifmsa.nl/leiden.
Like the Facebook page of IFMSA-Leiden for an up-to-date overview of all upcoming projects or visit www.ifmsa.nl/leiden
|Vice President Internal Affairs||Femke Soethout|
|Vice President External Affairs||Nathalie van Langen|